Travis’ Banana Sourdough Pancakes
|Banana Sourdough Pancakes|
- 1 cup sourdough starter (this can be the cup of removed sourdough starter, as you refresh your starter pot)
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 T oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T cinnamon (heaping)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 pinch of baking powder (optional)
- In a large bowl measure starter, water, flour, oil, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix gently and cover at room temp. overnight.
- In the morning, heat a skillet or waffle iron, and while it’s heating, mash up a banana. Stir banana in to mix. Baking powder can be added to adjust the sour flavor. If you like a strong sour flavor, leave it out. Adding a small amount will balance the sour-ness. I wouldn’t add more than a quarter tsp.
Makes about 15 4-inch round pancakes or 10 waffles.