Butternut Squash and Bacon Pizza – Episode 4
A Cooking Show with Rachel O – This Week’s Feast is ready for your viewing pleasure! I’ve made up a “Fancy Pizza” using some of the contents of this week’s box.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 C thinly sliced roasted butternut squash
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 t red pepper flakes (opt.)
- Bari Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C parmesan cheese, thin slices (would also be good with mozarella or gruyere cheese)
- salt (opt.)
- flour, for rolling out dough
- Pre-heat oven to 475F. Cook bacon and drain on a plate with a paper towel.
- Slice squash and onion. Roast squash with a little olive oil and salt, for 10 minutes (until slightly browned and soft inside, crispy outside).
- Roll out pizza dough on lightly floured pizza stone or pan. Top with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt (opt.) and red pepper flakes (can also bake plain, which is great too). Bake for 5 minutes.
- Top crust with a tiny bit more olive oil, parmesan cheese, squash, onion, bacon, and parmesan cheese. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
Powered by Facebook Comments