- 1 pizza crust (I use my pizza crust recipe)
- 1 C Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 C leeks, chopped in rounds
- 1-2 T honey
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 T olive oil
- smoked sea salt
- 1 C chicken, cooked and shredded (optional)
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 T spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 C plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1/4 C reduced balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 475F. Cook leeks in a dry pan with honey until caramelized and golden in color. In last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add garlic. While leeks cook, bring 1/2 C balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn, until it’s thickened and syrupy.
- Roll out and bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with: olive oil, smoked sea salt (opt.), half the cheese, chicken (opt.), leeks, walnuts and remaining cheese. Bake an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk together mustard, yogurt and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve pizza with sauce for dipping.
Would also be good as an appetizer, perhaps without the chicken.
Would be good (with or without the chicken) alongside a pureed soup.