- 1 T olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 C liquid (you could use a mixture of milk, water, stock, or all of one)
- 3/4 C cornmeal
- 1 C cheese (I like a mixture and go for cheeses like: sharp cheddars, monterey jack, parmesan, or gruyÃƒ¨re – use what you like)
- Heat medium pan. Add oil, when it gets hot, add carrot. Cook for 1-3 minutes, or until carrot is tender.
- Add liquids. Bring to a boil.
- Add cornmeal, slowly whisking in.
- Turn off heat once it’s thickened. Whisk in cheese.
- Serve immediately (it’s best right away, but it can wait if you need it to).