Bean and Cheese Taquitos – In the Kitchen with Rachel O – Video
It is time.
Time for an easy dinner, a simple snack, a quick lunch.
Let’s do this.
All it takes is a tortilla, some beans, and a sprinkle of cheese. Get some oil nice and hot. Fry ’em up. Eat ’em all. You’re gonna want to. Trust me.
Grab a handful of corn chips. Spoon out some salsa and Greek yogurt. Get ready to dip dip dip.
This was the first episode of the new show that I’m doing for ifood.tv. I hope you enjoy it. More episodes to come soon!
- 1 1/2 C cranberry or pinto beans
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t sweet paprika
- pinch cayenne
- pinch ginger
- pinch cumin
- to taste, salt
- to taste, pepper
- 1 t honey
- 1 T white vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3 large flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 C cheddar cheese, grated
- 2-3 T olive oil
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 175F.
- Combine beans, seasonings, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Mash to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, or until beans are heated through.
- Top each quarter tortilla with a dollop of beans and a sprinkle of cheese, leaving a bit of space along one long edge. Roll, starting with the shortest edge.
- Heat skillet. Add 1 T oil. When hot, add 4-5 taquitos. Cook until browned and crispy, flipping once or twice, about 2-3 min per side.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet in the oven. Transfer cooked taquitos to oven to keep warm.
- Add another 1 T olive oil to skillet and cook the next batch, repeating until all have been cooked.
- Serve with salsa and yogurt for dipping.