A Christmas Cookie for Brando – Dog Cookies
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
You know our dog? The cute one you’ve seen on here? He wears a bow tie sometimes? Well, he really likes food. He likes people food, he likes dog food. He likes treats, he likes cookies. We buy him treats, we often let him lick plates and bowls, but I’ve wondered if, when it comes to treats, maybe I could just make my own?
So I did.
And even though they’re for Christmas, I let him eat one. He was not disappointed.
I thought I might share it with you. I figure there are plenty of people with dogs. There are plenty of people who like to save money and make their own gifts. If you are not one of these people, but you do like cookies, um, this may not be the post for you. But, you could add some sugar to them and see how they taste. They’re not terrible without. They taste like a crunchy peanut butter biscuit. You know, like a dog biscuit? It’s meant for creatures like Brando, Cooper, and Harris. But, do what you want with the recipe. 😉
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C oats
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 C water
- 2 heaping T crunchy peanut butter
- 3 T olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Combine the two.
- Press (or roll out) 1/8" thick*.
- Cut into shapes (I used a cookie cutter to make snowmen, but you could use a pizza cutter and cut into small squares or triangles, or cut them to look like a bone.)
- Let puppy lick the bowl.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 350F for 20 minutes (* thicker cookies may take longer to bake).
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Powered by Facebook Comments