You Have to Try This Chicken! (Roasted Chicken)
|You Have to Try This Chicken!||
- 1 whole chicken (remove the neck and giblets if they’re still in there – yes, gross!) – keep the skin on!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 C apple cider
- 1/4 C white wine
- splash of water
- salt, pepper
- 1 t French Green Blend Salt (it says there is Atlantic sea salt, sea lettuce and dulse nori in it, in case you can’t find the blend)
- Line a baking dish with foil, drizzle foil with olive oil and a tiny sprinkle of salt and pepper, and pour in cider, wine and water.
- Place chicken, breast side up, and drizzle with oil and season with salts and pepper.
- Bake at 375F for 90 minutes (basting every 30), or until a meat thermometer inserted into a thick part of the meat (not touching bone) reads 180F.
I served this with cheesy polenta (basically – cornmeal in boiling water, with cheese stirred in) and sauteed veggies. It would also be great with any sort of potatoes and baked broccoli. Oh, and eat the skin – it tastes amazing! 🙂