Top Sirloin with Mushrooms
|Top Sirloin with Mushrooms||
- 1 Top Sirloin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 C red wine (I used a Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar, divided
- olive oil
- 1 C mushrooms, quartered (I used button mushrooms, but use whatever kind you have)
- Sear all sides of beef in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper in the cast iron pan you’re going to braise it in, then add red wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Braise/bake at 375F for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms in balsamic vinegar, until mushrooms are cooked and vinegar is thick and syrupy.
Save the leftovers for another meal: Philly Cheesesteak Pizza, Beef Stew, Beef Pot Pie…