Recipe Type: Salad, Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
One of our favorite salads, any time of the year.
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1-2 C beans (I like a mixture of pinto, kidney, and black)
- 1 C cheese, grated (pepper jack or cheddar)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 C corn
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2-3 T chives, chopped
- ranch dressing, Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- corn chips
- sliced black olives (opt.)
- 1 head lettuce (spinach or a mixture of both works well too)
- chili powder
- sweet paprika
- smoked paprika
- Cook beef. Add seasonings. When it’s cook, add beans and heat through.
- On a plate, arrange lettuce/spinach, and top with chips (you can also do on the side if you want them to remain crunchy), beef and bean mixture, cheese, carrot, corn, tomato, chives, olives, salsa, and ranch or yogurt.
Any other veggies that are in season would be wonderful. You could try: bell peppers, squash, cherry tomatoes…
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe