Scalloped Root Veggies with Gorgonzola
|Scalloped Root Veggies with Gorgonzola||
- 1/4 C gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 C cheddar, grated, divided
- 1/2 C parmesan, grated, divided
- 2 oz. (about 1/4 C) cream cheese
- 2 T chives, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil/coconut oil, to grease the baking dish
- 1 T honey
- 1 T dijon mustard
- pinch cayenne
- 2-3 C milk
- 1 C yogurt (I used Greek)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 1/8″ slices)
- 2 beets, thinly sliced (about 1/8″ slices)
- 2-4 rutabagas, thinly sliced (about 1/8″ slices)
- 1 turnip, thinly sliced (about 1/8″ slices)
- Whisk together gorgonzola, 1/2 C cheddar, 1/4 C parmesan, cream cheese, chives, garlic, honey, salt, pepper, dijon, cayenne, milk, yogurt. (Doesn’t need to be smooth – cheese lumps are fine.)
- Grease 9×13 oven proof dish with oil. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Layer beets on bottom. Sprinkle with a bit of flour. Spoon a bit of cheese mixture over. Top with layer of rutabagas. Sprinkle with flour. Spoon a bit of cheese mixture over. Top with a layer of carrots. Sprinkle with flour. Spoon a bit of cheese mixture over. Repeat until all veggies are gone. Pour remaining cheese mixture over top.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 60-90 minutes. Uncover (once veggies are tender), sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
I used a mandoline to get the slices nice and thin.
I baked this at 350F, but it took a really long time! We’re talking 2-3 hours.