Cathy – An Ambassador for De Ma Cuisine
I hope that you are fortunate enough to have great in-laws like I do. They are fun to be around, kind, generous, caring, compassionate, loving… (I could go on and on). They have welcomed me into their family and encouraged and supported me as I started this blogging adventure.
My Mom-in-lawÃ‚ loves Italy. So when I was coming up with a dish for her, as thanks for being an ambassador for De Ma Cuisine, it was easy to come up with one that I think she will love: Pollo alla CapreseÃ‚ (Caprese Chicken… I had to ask a real Italian how to translate this – thanks, Andrea!).
Mom, thanks for being so great!! This one’s for you…
(There is supposed to be reduced balsamic vinegar on the chicken. I just forgot… It was late and I was tired and hungry. ;))
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 to 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 C water or stock
- 1 tomato, sliced
- fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet. Add olive oil. Over medium-high heat, sear chicken for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Top chicken with tomato, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pour water and 2 T of the balsamic into the skillet around the chicken. Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 170F.
- Bring remaining balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, keeping an eye on it, until it’s reduced down and syrupy.
- Uncover and top with mozzarella and bake just until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with basil and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.