Author: Rachel Oberg – De Ma Cuisine
Recipe type: Burgers, Beef
- ½ to ¾ lb. lean ground beef (turkey or chicken would work as well)
- ¼ oats, ground (I used the coffee grinder, cleaned out a bit first)
- ⅛ C flax seeds, ground
- 1-2 T apple cider vinegar
- pinch ginger
- 1-2 T honey
- pinch cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t parsley
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- Sometimes I’ll add an egg (helps hold it together), some BBQ sauce, and a grated clove of garlic. Last time I added some grated zucchini, because I had it. We couldn’t taste it, but knew it was adding a bit more goodness to the burgers.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands. Don’t overmix (I don’t know why, I’ve just heard this said).
- Shape into burger shapes, pressing in slightly in the center of the burger with your thumb.
- Cook in a cast iron skillet (flipping once) about 10 minutes, or until they reach 160F, or on a BBQ (10-15 minutes). Top with Gruyere, if you like it, and caramelized onions and mushrooms (dry pan, sliced onions and mushrooms, add a few drizzles of honey, cook until caramelized).
Really good with a vanilla milkshake too! (We did, more or less: 1 C Trader Joe’s vanilla bean ice cream, ½ C greek yogurt, ½ C milk – use more or less depending on how thick you want them). Blend.
Powered by Facebook Comments