Winter Vegetable Salad
|Winter Vegetable Salad||
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 apple, cut in medium chunks
- 1 onion, cut in medium chunks
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 t cayenne
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t sweet paprika
- Reduced balsamic vinegar (top with)
- Greek yogurt (for serving)
- Caramelized onion cheddar cheese (opt.)
- 1 C spinach
- pinch nutmeg (for spinach)
- Toss squash with olive oil and seasonings. Bake at 350F for 30-60 minutes (test at 30 minutes by piercing with a fork to see if it’s done). At 30 minutes in, add apple and onion. Roast until all are soft inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
- While squash cooks, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened and syrupy.
- Cook bacon. Place cooked bacon on paper towel to drain. Crumble when cooled. Remove some or all grease from hot pan, and wilt spinach. Add nutmeg.
- Mix all above ingredients. Top with reduced balsamic vinegar and yogurt.