Three Cheese Corn Chowder topped with Bacon
|Three Cheese Corn Chowder topped with Bacon||
Recipe Type: Dinner, Main, Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 52 mins
Total time: 1 hour 2 mins
A creamy, dreamy chowder that was inspired by corn on the cob.
- 2 ears corn, kernels off cob
- 1 C zucchini or summer squash, diced or chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 potatoes, diced or chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 t tropical pepper sea salt
- 1 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 t sweet paprika
- 2 T + 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T bacon grease
- 1/4 C feta, crumbled
- 1 C parmesan, grated (plus more for topping, if desired)
- 1/4 C cheddar, grated
- 2 T all purpose flour
- 1/4 C water
- 4-6 C water
- 1-2 C milk
- 2 slices bacon/serving
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate to drain. Reserve 1 T bacon grease.
- While bacon cooks, heat soup pot. Add olive oil. Add carrots, zucchini, garlic, potatoes, and seasonings. Cook over med heat until veggies start to get tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring often (make sure garlic doesn’t burn). Add 2 T apple cider vinegar and scrape the bottom of the pan (deglazing the pan).
- Add water, cover, bring to a boil. Uncover and cook until veggies are cooked through, about 45 minutes or so.
- Whisk flour with 1/4 C water. Stir into soup. Add corn and bacon grease.
- Add milk (use as much or as little as you want, depending on desired thickness of soup). Cook until steam begins to rise, then turn off heat. Do not boil (the milk can “break” if it gets too hot).
- Add cheese, a little at a time, gently whisking in. Add 1 t apple cider vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve topped with bacon and parmesan cheese.