Stuffed French Toast
Written by Rachel, Posted in Bread, Breakfast, Dinner, Eggs, Fruit, Lunch, Main Dishes, Sandwiches
|Stuffed French Toast
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
French Toast gets Stuffed… and extra delicious!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 pears (or whatever fruit you have that you enjoy), thinly sliced
- 2-3 T peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 T milk
- a good sprinkle of cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- pinch salt
- drizzle of honey
- maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Cook pears with honey, until softened.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Spread peanut butter on 2 slices of bread. Top with fruit and another piece of bread. Dip both sides of the sandwich in the egg mixture, soaking well.
- Cook, flipping once, until it’s hot, a bit crispy and the egg is fully cooked.
- Serve topped with yogurt, walnuts and maple syrup.