Written by Rachel, Posted in Bread, Cheese, Dinner, Grains, Lunch, Main Dishes, Sandwiches, Sides, Vegetarian
Recipe Type: Sandwich, Main or Side
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
A perfect compliment to tomato soup.
- 2 pieces of bread (frozen, opt.)
- 1 T olive oil (or unsalted butter)
- 4-5 slices GruyÃƒ¨re cheese (or your favorite kind of cheese)
- 1 clove garlic (opt.) (or garlic salt, if you don’t want to use frozen bread)
- If you’re using garlic: Rub the garlic onto one side of each slice of the frozen bread. It should use almost a whole clove. (Or for non-frozen: sprinkle with garlic powder.)
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and spread the oil out evenly across the bread. Repeat on second slice of bread.
- Top un-oiled side of one slice of bread with cheese. Close the sandwich and place in a pre-heated pan (over medium or medium-low heat). Cook until bread is slightly browned, flip, cook until cheese is melted and bread is browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side.