Written by Rachel, Posted in Cheese, Dinner, Main Dishes, Meat, Pizza, Pork
Recipe Type: Pizza, Dinner, Main
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 13 mins
Total time: 33 mins
I love BLTs, I love pizza, I love bacon… How about a BLT Pizza?! Yes, I think so.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/2 tomato, sliced and quartered
- 1-2 asparagus, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 to 1 C bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 T chives, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 C Irish cheddar cheese (or other aged, sharp cheddar), grated
- 1/2 C spinach, torn
- Alfredo Sauce: 2 T olive oil
- 2 T AP flour
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 to – 1 C parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 475F. Roll out pizza dough and roll the edge a bit to make a crust. Bake for 5 minutes.
- While it bakes, make alfredo sauce: Heat pan, add oil. Whisk in flour, cook 30 seconds. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in milk. Over medium heat, let it thicken, whisking occasionally. Once thick, remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Top pizza crust with alfredo sauce, tomato, asparagus, spinach, bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake for 7-8 minutes (or until crust is as crispy as you’d like it, and cheese is melted).