Simple Pizza Friday
It’s the end of the work week. Are you tired? I am. And that’s ok. It was a busy week, but lots got done. Let’s celebrate that with a simple Pizza Friday meal.
All you’ll need are some tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella, and some herbs. Oh, and a pizza crust would be helpful here.
You can make your own, or buy a pre-made one at the store. I’ve done both. I like both. Mostly, I just like pizza.
I know people who make cheese. I’m not one of them. Are you? I want to be. Maybe someday.Ã‚ For now, I will enjoy Pizza on Fridays (or any day really) and be thankful that our grocery store is always stocked with plenty of mozzarella!
- 1 pizza crust
- olive oil or AP flour for the baking sheet
- 1/2 C (or more) tomato sauce
- 1 t dried basil
- 1/4 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried parsley
- 1/4 t dried rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 t dried or fresh savory
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Dust baking sheet with flour or grease with oil. Roll out or press out pizza crust. Bake crust for 5 minutes.
- Stir together tomato sauce and seasonings (except savory). Taste and adjust if needed.
- Top crust with sauce, cheese, tomatoes, onion, and savory. Bake for 7-10 minutes (or according to your crust’s baking instructions).
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.