Gruyère and Apple Toasts
- 4 slices bread (like Sourdough or French)
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Gruyère, cut into thin sticks
- 4 slices caramelized onion cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, 4 garlic chives, chopped
- cream cheese (opt.).
- Rub garlic on bread (if bread is frozen, it works best). Top with cream cheese (opt.), garlic chives, apple, gruyere and cheddar.
- Broil 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbly (I used the toaster oven – in the oven broiler watch it carefully as it may need less time).