Hope you’re having the happiest of new years so far, friends. How are your resolutions? Are you staying on track with with them? Did you have a look at the post with tips to Kick-Start a Healthy New Year? It has some tips and yummy recipe ideas for keeping those resolutions going strong. Here are a few great kale recipes that could help too.
1. In this veggie packed Chopped Salad, kale, cabbage, and broccoli make a great trio, complimented by fresh orange juice, savory mustard, and sweet honey.
3. For a heartier massaged kale salad, I love to add tuna, a few other veggies (carrots, red onion, and radish would be great), and some nuts for added protein and crunch. This makes for a stand-alone salad that is a fabulous lunch.
4. Kale can be substituted for mustard greens, spinach, collard greens, and chard. It’s great raw, but wilted salads can be a wonderful change (especially when the weather is cold).
5. Kale is a great addition to a Warm Beet Salad with Fruit and Nuts. If you’re out of beet greens, just use all kale. It can be massaged too, if you like.
6. I love kale that’s been turned into pesto. This pesto is a perfect topping for Spicy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes.
7. One of my favorite easy winter meals is a Broccoli and Goat Cheese Wrap. Kale can be shredded and used as the greens. This is the way I like to lunch (or dinner… or breakfast… hello scrambled eggs alongside!).
8. One of my favorite things to eat for lunch is lentils with some veggies, topped with a fried egg. I’d totally add some wilted kale to these Dilly Eggs with Lentils.
9. For a super simple dinner, kale pesto would be delicious with pasta. Think made ahead and frozen pesto, homemade pasta (if you’ve got it), and you’re ready to go. I’d stir the pesto into the cooked pasta with some of the starchy pasta water, add a bit of salt if needed, and maybe some parmesan cheese. Homemade pasta can be made in advance and frozen, so this really could be a ten minute meal.
10. Kale is wonderful blended with garlic and nuts a-top toasted bread. Perhaps alongside that pasta? That’s what I’d do.
11. To get a great start to your day, kale adds a lot to a smoothie. Nutrients galore and it’s quick and easy. What could be better!?
You might even do a day full of kale. Start it with a smoothie, for lunch try that Massaged Kale and Tuna Salad, then for dinner, maybe that pasta with Kale Pesto will hit the spot. Change things up by adding other fruits and veggies into the mix too, and it looks like it could be a tasty and nutritious menu plan.