I needed a little coffee break today before I even started with work. No reason why, just kinda felt like it.
You could also invite over your best girlfriend, or let the kids take a nap or play in the sprinkler while you sit in the shade and have a sip… Take a moment for yourself today.
Since summer is apparently here, Iced Coffee seems like a good plan. I make mine without ice, so it doesn’t get watered down. It just takes a tiny bit of planning ahead (or accidentally making extra coffee in the morning and letting it chill in the fridge until you’re ready for a treat in the afternoon).
All you’ll need are coffee beans, a place to brew them, and something sweet and maybe creamy to stir in. I think French vanilla ice cream would be a yummy idea but, I’m just as happy with milk and sugar. My Mom suggested maple syrup as a nice option. That’s the way I’m taking it today along with a splash of vanilla extract and some milk. I like the idea of adding some caramel sauce. And, hey, if you like bourbon, you could add a smidge of that too… The possibilities are pretty limitless.
- 9 T coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 6 C hot water (not quite boiling)
- milk or cream (optional, for serving)
- sugar (or maple syrup, simple syrup, honey) (optional, for serving)
- vanilla extract (optional, for serving)
- caramel sauce (optional, for serving)
- vanilla ice cream (optional, for serving)
- (Instructions are for French Press - you can also use a regular coffee maker and make it like you normally would.) One minute after water comes to a boil, pour over beans. Stir and let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently depress plunger. Pour coffee into a pitcher. If using any sort of granulated sugar, stir in (this is optional - it will dissolve in the hot coffee better than when it's cold). Refrigerate until cold.
- Stir in your favorite things and enjoy!