Birthday Extravaganza Continues… And Episode 22
Today is no longer my birthday. But, I have one last Birthday Extravaganza giveaway to do…
I want you to win an
Abundant Harvest Organics box!!!!
(This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for entering! If you didn’t win and would like to subscribe to AHO, visit their site!)
The winner is: Cathy Oberg!!!
Congratulations, Cathy!! Please let me know which delivery location you will pick up from.
(If her last name looks familiar, it’s because she’s my mom-in-law. No, the contest wasn’t rigged. She won fair and square, using random.org! )
Makes sense to do today, with this being an episode day. So let’s get to it!
First let’s talk about the episode. It’s a shorter one, since I was filming on my birthday, and wanted to try to work just a half day. And, success! I did! It was really nice. (Thanks for all the birthday wishes, by the way! I realize that they were prompted by the desire to win some awesome stuff… I don’t mind. I want you to wiiiiiiiinnnnnn!) I took part of the afternoon off, was spoiled by Husband, and went out with some really good friends to a local French restaurant that was simply divine! I don’t think I left a single morsel on my plate. Each bite was amazing. I had Steak with a Red Wine Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Asparagus. For dessert I had Crême Brulée. Oh boy. I wish I could have that again for dinner tonight!
Whoops, I was supposed to be talking about the episode… It features Fava Beans in a Chicken Caesar Salad?! Um, yes please! It’s a simple salad that is great lunch or dinner, as a side or a main dish… Husband didn’t even complain that we were just having salad as a meal. I still have some lemons left from a few weeks ago, so I used those in the dressing, as well as some yummy garlic, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, and Bari Organic Olive Oil. I used the lettuce that was in this week’s AHO box, and topped our salad with a few roasted and salted almonds, and some homemade croutons (you don’t have to do this, I just wanted to).
Yes, so I put fava beans in the salad. I liked the addition. They add protein, fiber, vitamins A and C, potassium, and iron (got that info from the newsletter… I hope you read them, they’re full of good information)! You could even omit the chicken if you wanted to have a vegetarian salad. Either way, I think it will be go-od!
And now on to the giveaway!
*Please note, you must be able to pick up from one of AHO’s delivery sites (in California) to be eligible to win (sorry to any who will miss out).
To enter to win a box from Abundant Harvest Organics:
1. Leave a comment here.
1. Like De Ma Cuisine and Abundant Harvest Organics on Facebook and post about this giveaway tagging De Ma Cuisine and AHO in the post. (For example, ”Rachel of @De Ma Cuisine is giving away a box of @Abundant Harvest Organics produce!!!”) Then come back here and leave one additional comment about it (no comment, no count ).
2. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway mentioning @De_Ma_Cuisine in the tweet (For example you could say “@De Ma Cuisine has an awesome giveaway going on. YOU COULD WIN A box of Abundant Harvest Organics produce!!!”). Then come back here and leave one additional comment about it (no comment, no count ).
This giveaway is sponsored by Abundant Harvest Organics!!
This giveaway is open to residents of California (you must be able to pick up your prize from one of AHO’s delivery sites)!!
Giveaway ends Wednesday, May 16th at 9 am (PST).
1 winner will be chosen. Winner will receive 1 box of produce from Abundant Harvest Organics. Giveaway is limited to residents of residents of California (who are able to pick up their prize from one of AHO’s delivery sites). Winner will be chosen using Random.org and winner’s name will be posted on this page. Winner will have 3 days to contact me to acknowledge the win. After that time a new winner will be chosen.
Now here are the recipes! Enjoy!!!
|Chicken Caesar Salad… With Fava Beans||
- 1 head lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 C chicken, cooked and shredded (I used leftovers)
- 1/2 C fava beans, blanched and shelled
- Options for toppings: chopped almonds, 1/2 C croutons, parmesan cheese, bacon
- caesar salad dressing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Snap tip of fava bean and pull down using the string. Remove beans from inside. Boil beans for 30 seconds. Remove from pot and immediately plunge in an ice bath (bowl of cold water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process.
- Gently peel the tip, and squeeze the bean out.
- Prepare dressing.
- Assemble and toss salad with dressing.
This dressing recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s recipe: Pam’s Simple Scrumptious Caesar Salad.
|Caesar Salad Dressing||
- 2-3 T lemon juice
- 5 T mayo
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 10 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk all ingredients except oil together.
- Slowly drizzle oil in, whisking as you do.
- 1 C cubed bread
- 1 T olive oil
- Toss cubed bread with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Broil 5 minutes in toaster oven, flip, and broil 2 minutes more.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
This meal can be found on Tuesday of this week’s menu!
Powered by Facebook Comments